Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I wouldn't trade anything for it!

If you dislike sappy stuff... POOF! Be gone from this blog right now... because it is a sappy post!

I have been reflecting A LOT this week! Do you ever feel like AFTER a big event you are kind of drained? You know, like after a wedding or a trip or being TOY for a year?  YEP! That is how I feel... just emotionally tired and worn out.  I was totally warned that this would probably happen but NOT TO ME, I thought... wrong! It is not that I am sad that my time in the spotlight is over... cause that is NOT the case.  I need LESS busy in my life...honestly. I think it is just once the pressure of it all is gone, you realize how tired you are and how much emotion was involved. 

I have been attending Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University since August.  There is a lot to learn about FINANCIAL PEACE... and a lot of discussion on the value of things. It has been said that everything has a price.  You know what?  I disagree... there are just some things I wouldn't trade anything for.  Here is my list:

~ The autumn wind blowing on my face as the sun sets
~ Walking down the aisle at my wedding and hearing Todd tell me I was beautiful
~ Doing the HALF marathon in OKC and FINISHING strong!
~ Reading "You are a National Board Certified Teacher" on the screen of my computer on December 17th, 2006.
~ Giving birth to my two precious girls
~ Teaching my friends' children
~ Going to Hawaii FOR FREE with Micah... hearing the waves rush upon the beach in the dark and knowing we were THERE!
~ Going to Vegas with the kindergarten team
~ My cruise with Todd
~ Being Baptized... looking up and seeing the pure joy on Kelly's face, tears streaming down her cheeks and knowing that it was a moment I'd never forget. I loved sharing that with her after all of our studying.
~ Being the Teacher of the Year at Park Lane for 2009
~ Sharing my heart with my friends and them sharing their hearts with me
~ Still remembering what my Dad's voice sounds like when he says, "I love you".
~ Summer of 2009
~ Attending church with my family AND the Parrott's... no matter what my mood when I arrive, I ALWAYS leave with a smile and a full heart. I thank God everyday that we are part of the Broken Arrow Church and that our family friendships are growing stronger with each passing day.
~ Seeing Katherine and Emma smile at me and give me a random hug
~ Todd's "I am proud of you" look... looking in my direction. :)

This is not a complete list but a good start... What is your list?

2 comments:

  1. So many people think money make you happy but you are 100% right------there are many things that money just can't buy. Thanks for sharing so many of the important events and memories you have. It really puts a perspective on the important things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my things you can't put a price on...my son's teacher loving him as if he were her own, my son's teacher accepting his mother despite her emotional breakdowns :), and my son's teacher becoming a dear friend...you are precious to us!

    ReplyDelete