A Common Love
A common love for each other
A common gift from the Savior
A common bond holding us to the Lord
A common strength when we’re weary
A common hope for tomorrow
A common joy in the truth of God’s word.
We sang this song tonight at church. I love the meaning of this song because it is all about family... church family, our brothers and sisters in Christ! What is so meaningful to me is the love, strength, bond, hope and joy that spills over into all parts of life. Today was a hard day for many reasons. Kelly and I ran the Route 66 5K. It was the toughest 5K course we have ever ran... there were many HILLS. Today is Diane Cook's birthday. She is the amazing woman who inspired my blog. She is David's sister (Kelly's sister in law) who passed away on June 2nd of this year. Her faith was amazing and so deep. She left behind 2 little girls and a husband who love and miss her every single day. My heart breaks for them. Today, Kelly and I ran in her memory. We were reminded of her each time it was hard to run or to keep running. She did it again! She inspired us to keep on running the race... I am reminded of the verse in 2 Timothy 4:7 which says, "I have fought the good fight. I have finished the race. I have kept the faith."
Diane Cook
Each day is a gift from above. God gives us each day to live according to His purpose. I so often fall short and I am thankful today, everyday for His grace and forgiveness. I was thinking about ALL of this as I took the Lord's Supper today. It is my favorite part of worship each Sunday. Today, I give thanks for life... mine and yours and Diane's who touched so many with her grace and faith. Ya know, some days are hard and it is difficult to remember that the trials make us stronger and more faithful. May we all cling to that and those who love us, give us strength, hope, joy and share our common bond.
Route 66 ~ Nov. 22nd, 2009
I am thankful for the common bond we share.





This blog about Diane and the Common Love we share is amazing. She would have loved you and I wish you all could have met but you will me meeting in heaven one day. Love ya!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteKelly
Kristine you are a amazing woman, friend & sister in Christ. You have come so far in you walk with Christ, your faith is strong and the love you share is great. Diane told me before she past away that she wished she could have met you in person. The letter that kelly wrote about you really touched her and brought tears to her eyes. She was so happy that She was able to make a differance in one persons life before She left this world. Kelly & I don't think of you & your family as just friends but as a close family member.
ReplyDeleteRemember, that no matter what life throws at us, as long as we stay close to God, keep the faith and lean on family & friends we can get through anything.
Thank you Kristine,
David
David ~ I love your family as my own. I would do anything for any of you. Our strongest common bond is our faith and I wouldn't trade what we share for anything in this world. It speaks volumes to me that my best friend's husband sees and appreciates me for who I am. I love spending time with you and Kelly... I know Todd does too. You'll never know what the "Birthday Letter" meant to me, especially the part about me reminding you of Diane. How precious! :>) Thanks for taking time to read my blog and invest in all we share.
ReplyDelete~ Kristine