Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Just Thinkin'

I spent some quiet time on Labor Day... just me and my raft, floating around the Lazy River @ River Country Waterpark in Muskogee. I was all by myself...just floating, thinking and reflecting. I like reflection time A LOT but I don't get it super often. I was thinking about the road life takes us down... how change is hard but often necessary and how sometimes change happens without us even noticing. I thought about a lot of other things too. I finished my reflection time by thinking of the things in my life that make me so happy... Here are some of them:

~ Todd and I holding hands
~ Sunshine and warmth on my face
~ A smiling child
~ Emma's belly laugh
~ A clean desk (SO RARE)
~ Thinking of my daddy
~ Shopping for my girls
~ A sincere hug from a friend
~ Running until the coach blows the whistle and NOT being out of breath
~ A clean house
~ The Pumpkin Patch and the autumn season
~ The beach at sunset
~ Church
~ Katherine asking me about MY day
~ Time with family and friends
~ Honesty
~ Supportive Parents (parents of students)
~ Travel
~ Reading a kind note
~ My bracelet that says "Embrace the Journey" because it reminds me of Diane
~ Tears of joy on the face of a friend
~ Hearing Emma and Katherine sing "church songs"
~ Knowing there are people in my life that never doubt who I am and love me always for being just me

I am thankful for all of these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment