
I have decided I want to blog about some important people in my life...one at a time. I have a great family and wonderful friends so why not share them with you?? Tonight, I am going to write about Kelly... because well, just because that is who is on my heart at this minute.
I consider Kelly one of the closest friends I have EVER had in my life. She is like the sister that I never had... the one I spent lots of prayer times asking for in middle school and high school, etc. I have known Kelly for many years, 13 years to be exact. Our friendship started pretty surface really and remained that way until she moved back from Alabama. When she started teaching at Park Lane in 2005, we became closer friends. Slowly over time, we have shared more and more. I think when I began teaching her son, Griffin, our bond got stronger.
I can talk to Kelly about anything... my joys, sorrows, my emotions...good or bad, I can share ideas for teaching, ideas for life. I can share my faith with her and talk to her about my dreams. I trust her with everything... my personal thoughts, my fears and my family.
Kelly did something with me and for me that NO ONE in this world would do... she started running with me and has kept her commitments (NOT WITHOUT WHINING.. just own it Kelly) to train with me. We have completed several 5K races together and a HALF MARATHON (that is 13.1 miles) in April. I know that is a huge part of how we became so close over the last year...running = time to talk! Through all the pain I experienced, I wouldn't trade the results physically or our amazing friendship. Kelly, I will NEVER forget what you did for me and how you encouraged me to meet my goals or how you pushed through when it was hard so we could finish what we started.

Kelly and I are friends for the fun times, hard times, joyful times, sad times, for all seasons and in all times. We often refer to each other as sisters because we love each other like sisters... we act like sisters and we love each other's families like they were our own.
Kelly has encouraged me to show more emotion and for the first time in YEARS, I have! She hugs me and has taught me that IT IS OKAY to hug the friends you hold so dear OFTEN... I now hug LOTS of people. She believes in my teaching and challenges me to grow professionally ALL THE TIME. She has challenged me to grow in every area of my life... especially spiritually. The most awesome part of that is... she (and many others) have encouraged me right back to church and to study the Bible like never before. She has NEVER pushed me but has consistently believed that I would be at church and I HAVE BEEN with my family following me. Even when our beliefs differ, she supports me to learn and grow without pushing her ideas on me. Her gentle guidance is a true witness of who she is! She never gives up on me, even when I want to give up on myself. She is always there for me and I try to always be there for her. We have a sisterhood that will continue to grow, will last forever and will NEVER go away. Kelly and I don't have biological sisters like many of our friends. That is just fine with me... because I can't think of a better sister for me. Thank you Kelly for teaching me so much about myself and encouraging me to grow in every area of my life. I love you sis!



No comments:
Post a Comment