Monday, June 22, 2009

A spool of thread is a frightening little thing!

Okay, so during my awesome trip to the Q with Teresa, her kiddos and mine, we have had some extra "high school" kinda fun! If you have met Teresa, then you already know she is a FABULOUS make-up, hair and clothes stylist! Seriously! I took the opportunity to have her teach me some sweet make-up tricks! I also spent some serious coin collecting products to help with my new look! She did my hair for me too! I had a TOTAL blast!! I ASKED for tips... didn't want anyone thinking Teresa told me I needed to get some help or that I looked homely! During our chats about make-up, I asked her about the difference in our "brows"... HUGELY different in the bushy factor I must say. So I asked her opinion and she kindly but honestly told me that my brows looked great for the 1980s. SO... I was all about de-bushing them today! We went to Sephora first for make-up and to look at some eye brow templates...WHO KNEW there was such a thing?! (Apparently NOT ME or I would have bushwacked a LONG TIME AGO!) The gal in Sephora suggested "threading" so off I went! I am a HIGH PAIN TOLERANCE kind of gal so how bad could it be, right? Well, I survived... here is the short version of the experience!

It was highly painful but I was brave. It is basically a quick way to pluck all of your deeply rooted eyebrow hairs from the most sensitive part of your body while random fools are overlooking you in a vulnerable position laughing at you while your eyes are closed AND your friend is holding up your eye skin to pull it tight! FABULOUS!!!! Not what I would consider SWEET ACTION... but apparently I LOOK less bushy!

The picture doesn't quite do it justice but my brows are HALF their original size! Can you tell which side is from the 80s and which side is from 2009??

No comments:

Post a Comment