Tuesday, June 9, 2009

To give is to receive

As a child, you are always told it is better to give than receive. I get such a charge out of giving to others but today, I got to give and receive all at the same time. I have to say, it was a great day.

Micah and I took dinner to the Parrott family tonight. I love cooking for people because it is truly a labor of love. I bet you are wondering how this involves receiving. Well, if you read yesterday's blog, you know that it was all about accepting the love and support of others. Kelly is really a one woman show most of the time. She is fiercely independent and self-sufficient. I totally respect that and strive to be like that myself. However, there comes a point when you allow people to love you and part of that involves letting them support and help you. So, tonight I gave (food) and received the gift of acceptance. Thanks Kelly... I can't think of a better gift! I must say, it was the best highlight of my day.

Another highlight was when Micah and I drove to several locations, including Rocket Brothers, before arriving back at my house. Micah innocently asked, "Where did Todd move your car?"... HUM... interesting question! IT WAS STILL AT MICAH'S HOUSE!!! It is TRULY one of the things I love about Micah. We have so much fun that we even forget where the car is parked! This was CLASSIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment